Sunday, April 10, 2011

Week 1 Complete!

Today I did my final workout of week 1 - Kenpo X. I've been dreading the Kenpo (which is just glorified cardio kickboxing) all week. It's everything I'm generally bad at: quickness and coordination. Much to my surprise, I really enjoyed it! Who knew?
I made a point to focus, listen, and speak out the movements, "step, drag, hook, uppercut", or whatever it was. I put everything I had into every punch. Lol, I'm sure I'll pay for that tomorrow. I managed to keep up with it pretty well, and had fun doing it. I still struggle with that back kick on the left side, but it was getting better by the end.
The only thing I missed this week was one Ab Ripper X section. I'll try to put an extra one in this week, or I'll just bring more to my Cycle + Abs class on Wednesday.

Now I'm off to the barn to go horseback riding!

Here's my summary of week one:
[x] Core Synergystics
[x] Cardio X
[x] Shoulders & Arms, Ab Ripper X
[x] Yoga X
[x] Pole Dancing, Rest
[x] Legs & Back
[x] Kenpo X

1 comment: