Friday, April 15, 2011

Xtina is pumped!

For those of you who don't know me Kelly's intro might be helpful. My name is Christina, aka Xtina to Kelly's Kel Nino. I moved from my life-long home in Atlanta to Washington DC in May 2010 to start a new job, and 1 week later I was hit by a car while crossing the street! I have spent the past 9 months recovering from 2 broken ankles, a couple surgeries, and a whole lot of metal plates and pins that changed the way I walk.

But thanks to an awesome surgeon, a great physical therapist, and lots of motivation and support from family and friends I am at about 75% recovery and determined to get even better. Once Physical Therapy ended in January, I tried exercising on my own but never got around to it and my desk job wasn't helping anything. In mid-March I joined a gym and got a personal trainer to develop a workout routine that would focus on core body strength and slowly adding in weight bearing activities as I got stronger.


My 6 month Goals (mid-March to mid August)
  • workout with my trainer 1-2x per week focusing on circuit training and core strength
  • workout on my own 2-3x per week doing light cardio (bike, treadmill, rowing, swimming)
  • cut my daily sodium intake down to 75% of daily allowance - this one is on Dr's orders since my BP is too high
  • lose 40lbs - should also help with the BP
  • be able to hold the tree pose in yoga on both ankles for 30 seconds
  • be able to go down 4 flights of stairs walking normally (right now I have to turn sideways because my ankles won't bend so well)

2 comments:

  1. Hooray Christina! This is going to be wonderful watching the both of you. Vocabulary and exercising everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, Xtina! Those are some really awesome goals. I know you can do it! Let me know if you want some fast, easy, healthy recipes. I know it's hard when you get home from work and all you want to do is pop a frozen pizza in the oven and crash, lol, but I have a ton of recipes that require minimal time investment. :)
    Cant wait to hear what you and your trainer are doing together!

    ReplyDelete