Sunday, April 24, 2011

Week 3 Complete!

Yay, I've completed the first "Adaptive and Mastery Phase" of "Training Block 1". Now I have a one week "Recovery Phase", followed by (surprise!) "Training Block 2". Basically, p90x has these training blocks, each 3-4 weeks long with a "rest" week at the end.

For the past 3 weeks, the first block's schedule has looked like this:
Mon: Core Synergistics
Tue: Cardio X
Wed: Shoulders & Arms, Ab Ripper X
Thur: Yoga X
Fri: Legs & Back, Ab Ripper X
Sat: Kenpo X
Sun: Rest or Stretch X

Lol, p90x has a bizarre definition of recovery. My recovery week looks like this:
Mon: Yoga X
Tue: Core Synergistics
Wed:
Kenpo X
Thur: Stretch X
Fri: Cardio X
Sat: Yoga X
Sun: Rest or Stretch X

That Saturday Yoga X may not happen, because I'll be in Asheville for the weekend. I'll try my best to fit it in on Sunday when I return.

I am also going to try to eat better this week. I have been eating whatever I want whenever I'm hungry. I've basically had no regard for my caloric intake. Although I generally eat healthy anyway, I could definitely do better. The fact that I'm seeing results without modifying my diet is really fantastic, so I want to make a bigger commitment and become more aware of what I'm consuming. Lol, this might be difficult now that I have a fridge full of Easter leftovers!
On a positive note, I ate four of my seven target foods at some point this week; I had spinach, plain yogurt, tomatoes, carrots, but didn't get to sweet potatoes, blueberries, or green tea. It's my goal to eat all seven this week!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're kicking your own butt! Good girl! Those target foods basically make up my entire contest diet right now (except the yogurt because I cut dairy)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, guys! Carlanna, I actually cut most dairy out of my diet about a year ago - milk makes me break out, and I don't eat much cheese anyway. But I just can't cut yogurt - I love it and it helps my insides. Lol.

    ReplyDelete